Hola Better Internet
Provides the user with options for using a VPN proxy
Hola Free VPN Proxy by Hola Better Internet is a mobile app which allows you to connect to the Internet through a Virtual Private Network (VPN), protecting your identity and allowing you to unblock certain geographically-restricted web services and video streaming sites. Hola keeps its services free by using a peer-to-peer network structure, similar to Tor routing. This means that your computer's signal is relayed through the computers of other Hola users on the way to its final destination. You can choose what country your signal will "exit" the VPN network in, often allowing you to access web and streaming services in that country as though you were living there. Furthermore, websites will not be able to discern your computer's IP address because your signal is being relayed through another computer.
This service offers increased anonymity while browsing and is often effective at unblocking regionally available content. It is also unique in that it is an entirely free VPN service, which is unusual as most VPNs require monthly payments. However, unlike other VPNs Hola Better Internet will not make your information more secure. The nature of the peer-to-peer network opens you up to data collection and "sniffing," so you should only use this service for streaming and not for sensitive logins and data. Connectivity will also vary from day to day, sometimes streaming movies effortlessly and sometimes slowing your Internet to a crawl.
- Entirely free VPN service.
- Access regionally-blocked content and streaming services.
- Browse the internet privately and anonymously and hide your IP address from websites.
- Easily switch between exit points in different countries.
- Peer-to-peer networking may expose your information to data collection or "sniffing."
- Your connection speed will vary based on how many users are on the network and how many servers are available--sometimes Internet speed can slow to a crawl.
- Some streaming services like Netflix have caught on to VPN usage and block users from accessing their services while connected to a VPN.
Nothing. No release notes